All true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are members of the Body of Christ, His Church. Blacksburg Christian Fellowship is simply a local expression of that Body, and our membership is informal, consisting of those persons who love the Lord Jesus Christ, who regularly attend services, who participate in the activities and ministries of the Fellowship, and who subscribe to the statement of faith (summarized below).
Statement of Faith:
We believe in …
- One God, existing eternally in three persons as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ: His deity, true humanity virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, and visible return to earth.
- The Holy Spirit, Who convicts men of sin and sets apart the believer to a holy life.
- The Bible as the Word of God, fully inspired, inerrant in the original writing, and of absolute authority in faith and life.
- The sinfulness and helplessness of man and his inability on his own to produce any act worthy of God’s acceptance.
- Salvation as a gift of God’s grace apart from human merit, received on condition of faith in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church in its universal form, composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Its visible form is the body of believers organized locally for worship, prayer, teaching, edification, service, and evangelism.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20closeMatthew 28:19-20 19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (ESV) “… to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of faith and the knowledge of the Son of God to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12-13closeEphesians 4:12-13 12 To equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. . . . (ESV)
Missions and Evangelism:
We believe that a local church should have an outreach in its own community and beyond. Members are encouraged to give both to home and foreign missionary endeavors either directly or through the Fellowship. On the local level, members of Blacksburg Christian Fellowship are involved in evangelism in the community and on the university campus through Bible studies and personal witnessing. Many former members of the Fellowship are now serving the Lord in various home and overseas ministries.
Tithes and offerings are received in boxes provided at the rear of the auditorium.